AssaultCube is a FREE, multiplayer, first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine.
Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it’s addictive and fun!
With efficient bandwidth usage, it’s low-latency and can even run over a 56 Kbps connection.
It’s tiny too, weighing in at a lightweight about 50 MB package available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
On the correct settings, it can even run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
Features in a nutshell:
- It’s FREE.
- Source code is available under a zlib-like open source license.
- Low latency, it can even run across a 56 Kbps connection!
- Lightweight size, only about 50 MB to download, plus additional maps average 20 KB each!
- With the correct settings, it can run on old hardware (Pentium III and above).
- Officially runs on most major systems, and maybe even some non-major ones?
- Has a built in, in-game map editor to help players create their own maps and allows for
co-operative editmode in realtime with others!
- Features a single-player bot system.
- Supports recording of your game by the “demo” system.
- Contains many multiplayer game modes, including: Deathmatch, Survivor, Capture the Flag, Hunt the Flag, Keep the Flag, Pistol Frenzy, Last Swiss Standing & One-Shot One-Kill (plus team versions of these modes).
- Comes pre-packaged with several dozen different maps! – https://assault.cubers.net/