Lucidscape is a 2D puzzle platformer with elements of exploration and combat. As the player progresses through the game they will be rewarded with different power-ups that strengthen the character and equip them for upcoming obstacles. As the player backtracks and explores they are further rewarded with items that improve the character’s health, and ability meter reserves.
The main character is a dream world avatar of a sleeping child. The main character is designed to be faceless, gender-neutral, and adorable. The game takes place within the dream of a sleeping child. The player will encounter a number of environments that are created from the sleeping child’s nightmares. These environments include a Hospital, Candyland, and Lucid Environments that bridges between the levels as the player progresses.
- Attack: The player has a standard melee attack that reaches in front of them.
- Double Jump: Jumping will allow the player vertical maneuverability. If the jump button is tapped the player will perform a short leap.
- Dash: Dash allows the player to move forward a set distance at an increased speed.
- Ground Slam: An airborne player rushes downward destroying any enemies in their path on the way down, breaks designated floors, and triggers designated buttons and knock-back enemies not in its direct path.
- Augment: The player enters a state where performing a certain action does an enhanced version of that action at the cost of a resource. – Steam