Ring Runner combines the fast-paced action of space combat with the rich story and skill variety of an RPG.
Trek across the universe in a 30 hour long story-driven campaign based on a companion Sci Fi novel, or challenge 6 scenarios alone, cooperatively, or competitively through local or online multiplayer.
Choose from 60 customizable hulls that act as templates for 400+ wildly-varied skills. Level layouts, backgrounds, and AI enemies are all procedurally generated, yielding billions of challenges.
You awake from unelective brain surgery to find key memory centers of your brain missing. They’ve been replaced by Nero, your peanut-butter-craving neuro-Hud, who’ll guide you through the universal super-highways known as The Rings. If you survive fiery trench runs, flail-swinging gladiators, and feuding trash moguls, you’ll discover that you’re a Sage, capable of rewriting the physical laws with your thoughts.
But beware The Extinguishers!
In the interests of universal order, The Consortium of the Inner Rings has slated the Sages for extinction, plunging the cosmos into a war with casualties measured in galaxies. You’ll play a pivotal role in this terrible battle… if you can find out who you are.
- 400+ Unique Abilities – many inspired by fantasy games
- 60 Fully Customizable Ships – five archetypes, with many hybrids to choose from
- 30 Hour Story-Driven Campaign – universe based on a companion Sci Fi novel
- 6 Scenarios – Play alone or coop and competitively through online multiplayer
- Infinite Challenges – The level layouts, backgrounds, and AI enemies are procedurally generated
- Reliable Multiplayer – drop-in and drop-out of games with seamless host migration; no waiting in lobbies
- Local Coop – “Duo” ships allow a friend to act as a copilot, usable in multiplayer modes and second half of campaign
- Full Soundtrack – 20 tracks of music and hundreds of original sound effects
- Classic Arcade Inspired Mini-games – earn Sage abilities by conquering challenges in The Subrostrum
- 30 Prebuilt Ships – jump straight into the action with these handcrafted hulls – Indiegala